Intro on Author Beth Prentice

Our Author Intro is on Beth Prentice. 



I’m Beth and I live on the gorgeous Sunshine Coast in Queensland. 

I write funny, romantic mysteries (aka cosy mysteries), paranormal cosy mysteries, and the odd rom com because two of my favourite things are romance and mystery.  

When I’m not writing you can find me lost in a good book, passively watching documentaries (my hubby loves them and seems to have gained full control of the remote) or scrolling Instagram dreaming of perfect hair. 

Oh, and I do love a good chat so feel free to reach out to me anytime!  I can’t wait to meet you all!

xoxo 


Connect with Beth Prentice:

Website          Facebook      Twitter


Instagram       Goodreads

Amazon Author Page.        Bookbub        Smashwords 


What is your writing kryptonite – real stresses in life. When they come up it takes a lot of focus to get in to the mindset to write.


Do you have unpublished, or half written manuscripts? – Yes! At present I have twelve other stories that I’ve written a few chapters in, scribbled the idea down, and have never gotten back to. One day it will write those stories, but even those I won’t write scenes/characters can be used in the books that do get finished.


What kind of research do you do and for how long before you write a book? I research whatever topic comes up in my book, but only as I’m about to write about it. For instance, when I write In High Spirits there is a garden called the Lethal Garden. Every plant within it has the ability to kill or harm the person who contacts it in one way or another. As I’m not a gardener, I did a lot of research on the plants within that garden. Do I remember a lot of that once the book is finished? Not really lol. 


Tell us about your book – Dangerous Deeds is the first book in a funny, romantic mystery series. It introduces us to the character of Lizzie who often jokes that she’s writing her own book titled 101 Ways to Embarrass Yourself as that seems to be the tagline of her life. Deciding to buy an old house and renovate it, her hunky handyman Riley discovers a bundle of love letters and an engagement ring and together they try to track down the person it truly belonged to. Only not everyone wants them to learn the truth. What follows is an adventure filled with love, lies and a little bit of danger. 


When one door closes, another opens… or falls off its hinges.

They say that love is blind. Sure, they weren’t necessarily talking about old houses at the time, but that’s the story I’m sticking with. And I like that theory a whole lot better than the one about me losing my mind.
I knew that buying a fixer upper I’d be stumbling into an unknown abyss of demolition, dust and unfathomable costs, but I never expected to find an engagement ring and letters of forbidden love hidden under the attic floorboards. Nor did I expect the lazy cat, or the drop-dead gorgeous handyman. And I definitely didn’t predict the stalker.

As the renovation begins and the house starts to slowly return to its former glory, the letters dog my dreams. Who is the mysterious penman? Why was their love forbidden? And who is trying so hard to keep me from learning the truth about it all?

Working alongside my hunky handyman Riley is proving to be quite the distraction, but I’m determined to solve the puzzle of the long-lost love affair. Only can I restore the house to its former glory, and solve the mystery before my stalker catches up with me? Or will I lose everything...including my life?

Dangerous Deeds is the first book in this light-hearted romantic mystery series. If you like crazy families, fun engaging reads, and a sweet romance, all tied together with a ribbon of danger then you’ll love this first book in The Westport Mysteries.



Buy Links:
 
 





24 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fantastic story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katelyn. It’s free at the moment if you’d like to check it out!

      Delete
  2. great interview..... thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my kind of writer!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Joanna! I'd love to visit Poland one day!!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Suzanne! It's been lovely visiting this blog :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Nas and Beth ... garden or poison deaths ... with romance thrown in ... sound great premises for a story sequence. Beth - I wonder if you came across The Poison Garden at Alnwick Castle, in Northumberland when you did your research - I wrote about how the Duchess decided to include one in the estate grounds (securely guarded - you'll be pleased to hear!) in July 2010. I realise Queensland is not next door to us here in the UK!! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary! I did fineThe Poison Garden. I already had the idea for the book and was so excited to learn the real thing is in the UK! I've never visited it but would love to one day. Such an interesting story behind it :)

      Delete
  7. Nice to meet Beth and the book sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! It's been so lovely chatting to everyone here :)

      Delete
  8. Great cover, tempting to read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's free at the moment Cherry! Good time to check it out

      Delete
  9. 12 uncompleted books! In a way, that is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is Jacqui. Some days it's overwhelming as I feel the need to get the m all written at once lol, but I take a breath and get to them when the muse comes to me :)

      Delete
  10. Hello!
    Really great handling. This is not my first time on your blog. I can see that you write with passion and that you love what you do!
    Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lovely to chat with you Klaudia! I hope to visit Poland one day :)

      Delete
  11. Wonderful interview! This sounds like a fun book.

    ReplyDelete

Join the discussion!