Rachael Thomas's Trek to the Great Wall of China!


For the last six months I have been spending lots of time preparing and training for a charity trek in China. Later this month I will be leaving my desk and flying out to Beijing and then onto The Great Wall of China where I will spend five days trekking to raise funds for British Heart Foundation.

My training has meant lots of walking and my dog, Poppy and I have done plenty of walking locally. We’ve spent many hours walking over our farm and the surrounding area.

I’ve also spent time walking along the coastal path near me. This is looking back down to Aberaeron on a very blustery autumn day.


To prepare myself for the many steps and steep hills I will encounter along the wall, I have also spent time in the nearby Brecon Beacons, where the scenery is stunning.


If you would like to sponsor me that would be fantastic. I am funding my trip so every penny of the money I raise is going to British Heart Foundation and you can make your donation on my Just Giving page.



Don’t forget to stop by in November when I will be here again to tell you all about the walk and my time in China.



About Rachael Thomas

I love escaping to distant shores with my characters, entering their glamorous world and feeling all the emotions they experience as they discover their love for one another. A love so strong it will overcome all obstacles eventually, leading to that promised happy ever after.

Connect with Rachael Thomas on the web:

Website  Blog  Facebook  Twitter  Goodreads

17 comments:

  1. Hi Nas and Rachael ... what a brilliant project - kudos to you - just enjoy ... and then lots to write about - a wonderful place to go ... the British Heart Foundation is getting other support from me at the moment - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your trip for a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming along to read about Rachael's cause and fundraising efforts!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for coming along to read about Rachael's cause and fundraising efforts!

      Delete
  4. Your upcoming adventure sounds awfully exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming along to read about Rachael's cause and fundraising efforts!

      Delete
  5. Wow, what a fantastic undertaking. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the trip goes well! It's brilliant that you've donated time, money and effort to supporting these charities and putting yourself to work for a god cause. Good on you <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Walking on the flat is very different from doing it on slopes, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You live in a beautiful area. All the best on your venture. I hope you enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you have some awesome shoes. I've heard stories. Personally, I'm pretty jealous thought. I'd deal with the sore feet, aching muscles and more to be going with you. I hope it is/was amazing and that you brought back some awesome memories!

    ReplyDelete

Join the discussion!