Intro on Author: Karin Baine & Reunion with His Surgeon Princess

This week Intro on Author is on: Karin Baine and her new book, Reunion with His Surgeon Princess

Karin Baine lives in Northern Ireland with her husband, two sons, and her out-of-control notebook collection. Her Mother and Grandmother's vast collection of books inspired her love of reading and her dream of becoming a Harlequin Mills & Boon® author. It wasn't until she joined her critical group UCW that she started to believe she could actually write – and only her husband's support enabled her to pursue it. At least now she can tell people she has a proper job!



Karin Baine on the web:

Website      Facebook       Twitter


What is your writing Kryptonite?

In terms of what prevents me from writing, my Kryptonite is me. I am the procrastination Queen. I only write in very short bursts because I get distracted very easily. Generally, when I’m working I’m also watching TV, which isn’t very productive. Then there are the trips to coffee shops, the kitchen, or basically anywhere which takes me away from my WIP. It’s only the threat of a deadline which focuses me in the end. 

Did you ever consider writing under a pseudonym?

Before I was published by Mills & Boon I used to go into the shops and picture a book with my name on it on the shelves. I was determined to have my own name on a paperback so I never wanted to write under a pseudonym for those. 

Do you try more to be original or to deliver to readers what they want?


I do look at the tropes etc readers are most interested in but I do try to put my own spin on them. For example, I wanted to write a royal romance but rather going down the route of rich man courts naïve young woman I turned it on its head. Kaja is the princess, the one calling the shots and Seth is the one feeling out of his depth in her world. I always try to find some way to keep the romance fresh for the reader.


Tell us about your book...

Reunion with His Surgeon Princess is set in a fictional sovereignty where Kaja Alderisi is a princess with a troubled personal life. She traded in her family connections for a normal life in England where she worked as a medical professional and was in a romantic relationship with colleague, Seth Davenport. He knew nothing of her background until he proposed and she fled back to her home land. After five years apart, their lives are very different but when Kaja’s father is seriously ill, there’s only one man she trusts with his life. Seth. They both think they’ve left their heartbreak in the past but when they’re reunited there’s no denying the attraction is still burning bright. 




She ran from his proposal…
…but fate isn’t through with them yet!
World-renowned transplant surgeon and single dad Seth Davenport will do everything to save his royal patient. Even if that means a reunion with his patient’s daughter—Princess Kaja Alderisi, the surgeon who once ran from him…after he’d offered her a diamond ring and his heart! But one look into Kaja’s captivating gaze and it’s clear that their past isn’t so willing to be left behind…



Buy on:


Amazon UK                  Amazon Aust


27 comments:

  1. Congrats on the release of your new book and thanks for sharing about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked reading about you, thanks for sharing. Congrats on the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview I love HQN series romances

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good romantic suspense! Thanks for sharing :)

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turning tropes on their heads is such fun! This sounds like a great story :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to laugh because I am my own kryptonite too! Sounds like an exciting story. Great learning more about Karin. Wishing her all the best!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of taking popular tropes and putting a unique spin on them. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear I'm not the only one that watches TV and writes:)
    LOVE your cover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could multitask like watching tv and working at the same time, but I get so distracted I end up not working (making me my own kryptonite too, I suppose lol).

    The book sounds like a hot read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a nice review. Thanks.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting interview. Thank you for sharing.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/06/shelas-rotating-makeup-organiser.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Surgeon princess sounds great. I'l read almost anything health care related. @theglobaldig.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Karin - it sounds a wonderful take-away read ... something to totally be absorbed in ... and don't we all want this kind of life - unlikely ... but fun to dream about. Stay safe with your family - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like an interesting read. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hear you on the procrastination thing. Sometimes when I'm in a funk, I get that way, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. well written introduction of book and interview with author.
    thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a winner!
    Those deadlines do have a way of getting the fingers on the keyboard! :)

    ReplyDelete

Join the discussion!