Intro on: Linda Charles, No Looking Back, Bindarra Creek~ A Town Reborn

Our Intro on author is on Linda Charles. And she has a new book out this month!

Linda Charles has been reading romance since high school. Her reading life started very early, but changed direction after she read Gone with the Wind. She was born in Sydney and spent her teenage years in drama classes, and then taught Speech & Drama for many years.  She still loves to go to the theatre, but her plan was always to write. Linda lives in Newcastle and when she's not writing, she can be found walking, browsing the bookshops or planning her next holiday.

Linda Charles on the web:

Website          Facebook         Twitter 
         
Goodreads     Pinterest 



What is your writing Kryptonite?

My Kryptonite is to waste time. I think it is a hangover from a busy childhood where you feel you're wasting time if you sit still and think.  

What is something you enjoy?

I get pleasure from reading every day. Writing takes time and enthusiasm to study and learn, and it’s very easy to become discouraged. For me reading is not only pleasurable, it sparks my imagination and re-invigorates me to keep writing.

Did you ever consider writing under a pseudonym? 

I do write under a pseudonym and use my first name and changed my surname. I’ve found it works well.

Do you try more to be original or to deliver to readers what they want?

A little bit of both. I think romance readers know what works in a romance story and I try to deliver on that in terms of tropes. I like to be original in terms of giving those tropes a modern twist to acknowledge the current social habits of finding love.

Tell us about your book... 

  • Sometimes it’s good to take a risk…

    Hannah McKenna loves working with horses and is trying hard to keep it altogether after her first horse syndication deal turns sour. Since then she’s been careful and played life straight, and has had enough. She runs into trouble when she meets Blake Hudson – the man who put together the failed deal – who rescues her when she takes a nasty tumble from a horse.

    Blake Hudson is known as Mr Nice Guy, but there are dark shadows in his past. He’s the dealmaker, the perfect go-between who puts together horse syndications and once the deal is done he moves on. Problem is, Hannah is the exception and he can’t keep away, but fears she will walk if she knew the truth about his past.

    He hadn’t bargained on dealing with a mischievous third party called attraction.

    When she discovers the truth, both realise they could lose everything, including each other.

  • No Looking Back: Bindarra Creek: A Town Reborn

    Hannah McKenna loves working with horses and is trying hard to keep it altogether after her first horse deal turns sour. She runs into trouble when she meets Blake Hudson – the man who put together the failed deal – who rescues her when she takes a nasty tumble from a horse. She likes him, simple as, and finds plenty of reasons to make him want to stay. 

    Blake Hudson feels like an imposter because he knows loved ones would walk if they knew the truth. He’s the dealmaker, the perfect go-between who puts together horse syndications and once the deal is done he moves on. His life takes a turn when he meets Hannah, the woman at the centre of his worst deal. Problem is he can’t keep away, but fears she will walk if she knew the truth about his past. 
    He hadn’t bargained on dealing with a mischievous third party called attraction.

    When she discovers the truth, both realise they could lose everything, including each other.

    Buy on:


    14 comments:

    1. Great interview and congrats to the author on the new book!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I enjoy reading all the time too.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi Mary - it's a lovely pleasure.
        Best wishes, Linda

        Delete
    3. Sounds like a promising romance! Thanks for sharing. :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Great interview! I feel like I'm wasting time when I'm not doing anything also; but it's so important to learn how to relax. I love reading every day too :). Thanks for sharing!

      Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hi Nas, good to meet Linda, while her books look to have the magic touch of attraction for readers ... enough to keep us engrossed in an interesting story ... I'm sure I'd love them. Cheers Hilary

      ReplyDelete
    6. Replies
      1. Hi The Armchair Squid,
        You keep good company.
        Thank you,
        Linda

        Delete
    7. I love that she is from Australia, as that is currently where I am living now! And I agree. I have this very terrible concept that thinking is wasting time when you don't multi task, and I need to get past that!

      Olivia-S @ Olivia's Catastrophe

      ReplyDelete
    8. Reading and writing are two things that give me enjoyment a lot too! And I understand what she means. I keep thinking doing nothing is wasting time, but really it can be so relaxing...

      Olivia-S @ Olivia's Catastrophe

      ReplyDelete
    9. thanks for the interesting questions!

      ReplyDelete

    Join the discussion!