Intro on Jane Godman, Colton 911: Family Under Fire


Our Intro on Author is on Jane Godman. And she has new book out this month, Colton 911: Family Under Fire. 


JANE GODMAN is a 2019 Romantic Novelists’ Award winner and 2018 Daphne du Maurier Award finalist. She writes thrillers for Harlequin Romantic Suspense/Mills and Boon Heroes and paranormal romance for Harlequin Nocturne/Mills and Boon Supernatural and St. Martin’s Press Romance. She also self publishes her historical and gothic stories.

Jane was born in Scotland and has lived in Germany, Wales, Malta, South Africa, and England. She still gets the urge to travel, although these days she tends to head for a Spanish beach, or a European city that is steeped in history. 
When she isn’t reading or writing romance, Jane enjoys cooking, spending time with her family, and enjoying the antics of her dogs, Gravy and Vera.  

 Connect with Jane Godman on the web:

Website         Facebook          Twitter         Goodreads



What is your favorite childhood book?
The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams. Given as a Christmas gift to a young boy, the Velveteen Rabbit lives in the nursery with all of the other toys, waiting for  the day when the Boy will choose him as a
playmate. In time, the shy Rabbit befriends the tattered Skin Horse, the wisest resident of the nursery, who reveals the goal of all nursery toys: to be made "real" through the love of a human. It's a story of how love makes us real.
What is the most difficult part of your artistic process?
For me, the hardest part is staying on track. My characters really do come alive and start doing their own thing. I have to pull them back and remind them of the plan!

Do you Google yourself?

I've read that it's a good idea to Google yourself once a month but I often forget. There are so many other ways of finding out what people think of my books (Twitter, Facebook etc.) that it's easy for reader sto connect with me. Having said that, I'm going to Google myself right now...

Tell us about your book...
Family Under Fire is part of the Harlequin's Colton 911. It is set in the fictional Arizona town of Cactus Creek. It's Christmas time and FBI agent, Everett Colton is back in his home town to investigate a murder. He's feeling less than festive and his mood is lowered even further when he comes face-to-face with the woman who dumped him four years earlier. But when the reason for their reunion becomes clear, he finds himself with a new family...and a dangerous stalker. 

Colton 911: Family Under Fire




An unexpected family

A once-in-a-lifetime reunion in danger…


After a bitter breakup, FBI agent Everett Colton never expected to see his ex-girlfriend, Alyssa Bartholomew, again. Suddenly, tragedy reunites them—and makes them guardians of an orphaned baby girl. Everett suspects that her parents’ deaths were anything but innocent. When his instinct for danger proves correct, it’s his job to protect the child he’s grown to love…and the woman he never forgot.



Buy on:



Harlequin                 B&N 

Kobo        Book Depository        iBooks

10 comments:

  1. Family Under Fire sounds like a great second chance romance! Nice interview! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fan of The Velveteen Rabbit! I remember first hearing about that book in Friends, but I've never read it myself

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Velveteen Rabbit is great! This book sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Velveteen Rabbits has always been one of my favorites. I love my well worn copy. :) I am off to Google myself as well. Best of luck to Jane!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed The Velveteen Rabbit as a child too. Colton 911 sounds like an enjoyable read, and I enjoy a good romantic suspense!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I didn't know about this one

    ReplyDelete
  7. That book sounds very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/02/kiehls-calendula-herbal-extract-toner_9.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely ideas and I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article and I am hoping the same best work from you in the same best work from you in the future as well.


    ReplyDelete
  9. I never really take the time to google myself! Jane Godman sounds like she has lived in quite a few places and is very well traveled. Staying on track can truly be so difficult. Characters truly do have minds of their own!

    Olivia-S @ Olivia's Catastrophe

    ReplyDelete

Join the discussion!