Favorites with Author Wendy Davies!

This week we have author Wendy Davies sharing with us her Favorites, Frustrations and Fabulous! She has a new book out- Good Enough for Love.

Australian, Wendy Lee Davies began writing romances as a lark after leaving her communications and editing job of many years.
Wendy enjoys cycling, especially cycle touring which she did a lot of in her younger, some say more foolish, years. Now that she’s older and wiser, Wendy is wearing out the bike paths around her home town, making good use of her amazing pedal-assist electric bike. She's also traversed most of the incredible rail trails available in Victoria, and one in New Zealand as well.
If she's not writing or riding her bike, Wendy can be found enjoying a coffee in some cafe. Or taking landscape photographs. Sometimes she makes cookies or muffins. She’s even been known, on occasion, to annoy her writing friends with long, detailed editorial comments on their latest writing endeavour. But don't worry. They get her back, tenfold, when it comes to critiquing her latest romance-in-progress.
You can catch up on her latest news via her website ( www.wendyleedavies.com ). She loves hearing from readers, so don’t be shy about dropping her a line.

Wendy Davies on the web:

Website     Facebook     Twitter 

 Blog            Instagram


Favourites: 

I enjoy reading almost all romances books, be they historical, paranormal, time-shifting or romantic suspense stories. My favourite would have to be small town, country romances because that's what I write, but really as long as the hero is dreamy, the heroine able to stand on her own two feet, and their romance takes me away from my everyday concerns and worries, I'm content.

Frustrations: 

Where do I start? Sure, like everyone, I have days where I'd happily complain about the amount of traffic going past my house, the noise, the bad air-quality, the lack of manners everyone seems to have, and numerous other things. But I'm usually a pretty calm and easy going person, so any frustrations I have disappear just as fast as they arrive. Or I solve whatever is causing the frustration in the first place, like how to get my hero to step up and take a chance with my heroine, or how to convince her that he has her best interests at heart.

Fabulous: 

Waking up and watching the sun rise and world come alive once more. Sitting outside on a warm summer evening enjoying the sunset. A ray of sunlight that spotlights the gloom of a dark forest on a cold winter's day, staring at this in wonder and appreciation. Laughing and sharing stories with friends. But the most fabulous thing of all is spending time together with my husband, being thankful for our health and our love. Everything else fades into nothingness without that.

Good Enough For Love: Willow's Bend Series, Book 1


Renovating a country hotel challenges everything Amber knows … about family and about love.

When Amber Hutchinson inherits a country hotel, she wants to sell it and move on. The money she’ll earn will secure her future, even if living in the country while renovating a hotel never featured in her plans.

Zach Wentworth, a local sheep farmer, wants to do the right thing. When he comes across a woman stuck in the hotel window, he naturally tries to help.

Sure, Amber knows their sizzling attraction won’t last. It never does, because she’s never been good enough for anyone to love.

Without the hotel, Willow’s Bend is likely to die a slow death, so Zach does whatever he can to secure his town's future. But doing the right thing might mean risking his heart.

With the town eagerly watching their every move, Amber and Zach must choose between protecting their hearts and taking a chance on love.


Buy on:


15 comments:

  1. Hi Nas and Wendy - sounds like a really good balance - stimulating the brain, exercising the body and being practical with one's thoughts ... all the best with your books - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a close friend who was born in Australia, but lived most of her adult life in Greece. She always has these neat stories, and shows me the best pictures of her birthplace. It's wonderful to hear that you and your hubby have a HEA in addition to fabulous scenery too! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you RO. Australia is a wonderful, unique place and with such a wide variety of landscapes. But then, I am biased... :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful read.

    Have a fabulous Sunday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And I hope you both buy and enjoy my story Sandee.

      Delete
  4. I love cycling too and I really love that Wendy does too <3 I am sure we would get along that way! It's so nice that her frustrations kind of ease away and she can enter a mindset of calm. That's so healthy for your mind and life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be happy to join you on a bike ride anytime Olivia. I'm sure we'd both have heaps of fun and end up good friends before the finish! :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the your book release. Sounds like a good story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet. I appreciate this very much.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to learn about Wendy, the book sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

Join the discussion!