Favorites with Elisabeth Hobbes!

This week we have author Elisabeth Hobbes sharing with us her Favorites, Frustrations and Fabulous! She has a new book out this month- Beguiled by the Forbidden Knight.


Elisabeth’s writing career began when she entered her first novel into Harlequin’s So You Think You Can Write contest in 2013 and finished in third place.  She was offered a two-book contract and hasn’t looked back.  Since then she has published six Medieval romances with Harlequin Mills & Boon and doesn’t have any plans to stop!
Elisabeth works as a Primary teacher but she’d rather be writing full time because unlike five year olds, her characters generally do what she tells them.  When she isn’t writing, she spends most of her spare time reading and is a pro at cooking one-handed while holding a book.  She loves historical fiction and has a fondness for dark haired, bearded heroes.
Elisabeth enjoys skiing, singing, and exploring tourist attractions with her family.  Her children are resigned to spending their weekends visiting the past.  She loves hot and sour soup and espresso martinis - but not at the same time!
She lives in Cheshire because the car broke down there in 1999 and she never left.



Favourites: 
Mountains.  I love skiing and there is nothing better than standing at the top of the Alps looking over snow covered peaks backed by blue sky and breathing the fresh, cold air (maybe getting back to the bottom and enjoying a vin chad).
Cats.  Someone who is always pleased to see mw when I come home and keep my feet warm when I'm lying on the sofa.   I have rolling stock so when one of them gets older we get a kitten so they're never alone.  The current two are Captain Jamie Ankles and Doctor Sausage.
Espresso martinis.  A shot of caffeine to help me stay awake on the rare occasions I get a night out.

Frustrations: 
Seeing the joy being sucked out of the kids I teach by a restrictive curriculum that places emphasis on phonics instead of reading for pleasure, and  spelling, punctuation and grammar at the expense of enjoyment and creativity.
Trying to keep a tidy house when I have two children on the Autistic Spectrum who don't notice the mess!
Cows. specifically, the ones that cross the road on my commute to work.  If I get the timing wrong I'm there for ten minutes.  Still, it gives me time to think while I wait.

Fabulous: 
My children.  They have an enthusiasm for life and confidence that I didn't have at their age (still don't I suspect).  They make me laugh more than anyone else I know.
The  authors of The Unlaced Book Club who are wonderful friends and all brilliant Harlequin Historical Romance writers.  I'm so lucky to be part of such a supportive community.
Singing.  In the car, with my kids or my class, doing the housework, with a musical group, it doesn't matter. I can have had the worst day ever but I can switch off for a while and have some fun.

Beguiled by the Forbidden Knight


He’s her enemy…

…and she must not fall for him!

When her mistress is claimed as an enemy knight’s betrothed, handmaiden Aelfhild knows it would be too dangerous for her lady; she must go in her place. But there’s more to the scarred knight than she first thought—she isn’t expecting to fall for him! As the line between friend and enemy blurs, Aelfhild realizes she might be protecting her mistress, but not her heart…


Buy on:








6 comments:

  1. Hi Nas and Elizabeth ... who seems to have hit the ground running - yet obviously has a fulfilling life beyond her medieval knights ... all sound fun - good luck - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Hilary!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Hilary. It's certainly a busy life!

      Delete
  2. I am so not an outdoor person lol, but I love cats! And her cats' names are awesome, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen. My kids are responsible for naming them so I can't take the credit lol.

      Delete
  3. Hahaha I used to live near a farm and the cow crossing could catch me sometimes and I would have to cycle extra fast to avoid being late! I also really love moutains, but for hiking and not skiing (as I don't like snow.) I also really love cats. So adorable <3 I think it's important to get phonetics right, but also reading is for pleasure and should be learned to be enjoyed that way first and foremost!

    ReplyDelete

Join the discussion!