We have debut author Natalie Charles and she's got a Giveaway!
Natalie on the web:
Ten Things You Didn't Know About Me
One question I get all the time is, "Where do you get your ideas?" Some of my ideas come directly from my own life experiences, and my Harlequin Romantic Suspense debut, THE SEVEN-DAY TARGET, incorporates a few of them. So I'd love to introduce myself by telling you a few facts:
1. I am a life-long resident of New England, which makes me a Yankee through and through. We Yankees like to keep things practical. If it doesn't serve a purpose, get rid of it. That's why Noah Webster dropped so many of the British "u's" when he created the American dictionary.
2. Coffee? Yes, please! I love the stuff.
3. One of my favorite pets was a little blue parakeet I had during law school. He was potty trained, and every morning when I took the blanket off his cage, he would say, "Good morning, pretty!" We should all be so lucky to start our days that way.
4. My youngest brother is a childhood cancer survivor, and seeing him go through chemotherapy changed my life. I'm not perfect, but I try to remember to be grateful for each day. I've seen how suddenly life can turn.
5. I'm an attorney, and I still work full time at my day job. Sorry, that's not that interesting….
6. I've been telling stories since I was two years old. I used to make my mom write them down for me. They were mostly about my toys and *cough cough* imaginary friends.
7. During law school, I decided to run a marathon. I trained, but when the day actually came, I couldn't finish because it was so hot. I went on to complete two marathons just to prove I could.
8. Before I began writing romantic suspense, I published short, angsty, literary fiction. It's super dark, and there's definitely no happily ever after. Writing romance has been a nice departure.
9. I'm a complete nerd at heart. I wrote my undergraduate thesis on Shakespeare's Henry VI trilogy and was the senior note editor on the executive board of my law review.
10. I believe in true love. Like my hero and heroine in THE SEVEN-DAY TARGET, I married my high school sweetheart.
Thanks so much for having me today!
The Seven Day Target
He never meant to speak to her again. Back in Arbor Falls for a funeral, Special Agent Nick Foster has moved on. He has no plans to stay in his tiny hometown-or to reunite with the beautiful Libby Andrews. His onetime fiancée broke his heart, and what's past should stay buried.
Libby doesn't want his help. Her childhood sweetheart can never know the real reason she ended their engagement three years before. But when a serial killer targets her, she must team up with the rugged agent for her own safety. Something in her past has put her in danger, and the passion they've reignited puts their future in deadly jeopardy.
Natalie Charles has a signed copy of her The Seven Day Target for one US commenter and Amazon kindle copy for one International commenter!