Intro on Author: Kandy Shepherd & Mistletoe Magic in Tahiti

 This week our Intro on Author: Kandy Shepherd. She has a new book out this month, Mistletoe Magic in Tahiti.

Kandy Shepherd is a best-selling, award-winning author of contemporary romance. Her heartfelt, passionate stories are set in exciting locations around the world and are published in multiple languages. Kandy believes in love-at-first-sight and real-life romance—she and her husband of many years decided to spend their lives together after three days! She loves it when readers tell her that her books make them laugh and make them cry. Kandy lives near Sydney, Australia with her husband and numerous four-legged friends.


Connect with Kandy Shepherd over the web:


Website        Facebook        Twitter 


Instagram                  TikTok



What is your writing Kryptonite?

 

I have to have peace and quiet to write—no music, no TV, no interruptions. I need to be alone with my creative thoughts for the writing “magic” to flourish.  (Of course, my cats totally disregard my need for no interruptions!)

 

Do you have unpublished or half-written manuscripts?

I have a few half-written manuscripts I’d like to revisit and finish. In fact, I’m looking at one right now!

 

What kind of research do you do and for how long before you write a book?

For my Harlequin Mills & Boon books, I often have to research the setting. Even if I’ve been to that place recently, I want to be sure I’ve got the details right. Another thing I research is the names of my characters—I like them to have names that were popular at the time of their birth and in the country they come from. In my new release, Mistletoe Magic in Tahiti, I tried to ensure the names of the hero Kai’s extended family would be right for a Tahitian family. I often do the research as I’m writing the book. That way I know exactly what I need and don’t spend too much time researching, fascinating as that research can be.  As far as characters and plot goes, I spend a few weeks just thinking about my characters, their back story and what makes them tick. By the time I start writing, I like to think I know them well. Of course, I get to know them even better as the story progresses.


Tell us about your book...




Mistletoe Magic in Tahiti is the first book in The Christmas Pact, a three-book series written by three different authors. Three sisters find their usual Christmas plans disrupted when their parents plan to go away by themselves for Christmas. The sisters then decide to go away themselves, on their own, each sister to a different location. The twist is that each sister doesn’t know where she’s going until she gets to the airport! My heroine, Sienna, finds herself on the Tahitian island of Bora Bora. Lucky Sienna! Not only does she land in paradise, she also meets gorgeous billionaire Kai. Still reeling from a nasty divorce, Sienna isn’t looking for love. Kai has to consider not only himself but his adorable toddler daughter, Kinny. But the chemistry between Sienna and Kai sizzles. There are ups and downs before these two realise what they’re sharing could be so much more than a holiday fling. This is a warm, feel-good romance where family is important. (The next two books in The Christmas Pact series tell the stories of Sienna’s sisters—Cinderella’s Costa Rican Adventure by Scarlet Wilson and Snowbound Reunion in Japan by Nina Milne.)

Mistletoe Magic in Tahiti: Curl up with this magical Christmas romance! (The Christmas Pact Book 1) 



Healed…

by a mistletoe kiss?

After a bitter divorce, Sienna is spending Christmas on a Tahitian beach! First stop on her "
new me" journey? Surf lessons with blazing-hot water-sports magnate Kai—and quickly adding fling to her itinerary! But Sienna hadn’t factored in falling headfirst for the cautious single dad and his adorable daughter. She knows she can’t stay, but will she walk away from a magical future—together?

From Harlequin Romance: Be swept away by glamorous and heartfelt love stories.

The Christmas Pact

Book 1: Mistletoe Magic in Tahiti by Kandy Shepherd
Book 2: 
Cinderella's Costa Rican Adventure by Scarlet Wilson
Book 3: 
Snowbound Reunion in Japan by Nina Milne

Buy on:

Amazon Kindle.                   Amazon Paperback

Amazon Aust                      Amazon UK

32 comments:

  1. I'll have to look for your book!
    Have a sweet weekend!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna, I hope you enjoy the book if you find a copy!

      Delete
  2. Great blog!!! I always come to you with great interest )) Follow you https://vitadolcissimaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need total quiet to really concentrate too! Mistletoe Magic in Tahiti sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by to read this interview, Carole!

      Delete
    2. So many people like music, it's nice to meet another fan of silence, Carole!

      Delete
  4. I need total quiet to read as well. No music in the background or I can't focus. Lol over your cats! My cat loves to be in the middle of anything I'm doing as well. Love him to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by to read this interview, Rachel!

      Delete
    2. I adore my cats, too, Rachel. I have four of them! There's always a kitty by my side as I write.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for your visit and sweet comment regarding my feline companion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by to read this interview.

      Delete
    2. Cats really are the best companions, aren't they E!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on the new book! I love the cover and the story premise sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on new book. I'm adding to my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by to read this interview.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Mandy, I hope you enjoy the story!

      Delete
  8. Hi Nas - great introduction to Kandy and her Mistletoe books and the others ... congratulations and all the best to her - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilary. I really had fun writing this story, and checking in with the other authors.

      Delete
  9. I also need total quiet to concentrate. I can't read a book with music or anything playing.

    ReplyDelete

Join the discussion!