Intro: Bella Sharma, The Journey of a Gambler's Wife

This week on Intro on Author we have Bella Sharma talking about her memoir, The Journey of a Gambler's Wife.





Bella Sharma's Facebook

Over to Bella Sharma...

This book is a memoir based on my marriage to a compulsive gambler. While married to him for nearly 6 years, I went through mental and emotional abuse, family violence and financial hardship.


The impact of living with a gambler husband was horrendous. It also had its impact on family, friends and community.



I was eventually stalked as I attempted, with my children, to run from him.

We ran from suburb to suburb and state to state. However, I met wonderful, strong and courageous people who taught me so much about life and its lessons and helped me through adverse times. These wonderful and amazing people helped me to become a strong and positive person. That determination helped me to write this book. I've created positive out of negative. Believe it or not but I reaped the benefit of hitting rock bottom.


Writing was therapeutic for me however it took me to places where I always considered unpleasant.

My book has message for people who are in similar condition as I was and my key message is to communicate that there is a light at the end of a tunnel if you believe in yourself.

Despite being inflicted with mental, physical, emotional abuse and near death from my abusive husband, I survived. This is my story of empowerment, hope and success.

The Journey of a Gambler's Wife

Once a cherished daughter and loved sister, Bella Sharma marries to start a new life in Australia. Little she realises that one can never really know another person regardless of how many years you stay together. Shocked beyond belief to find that her husband is not only a liar but also a gambling addict, at first she tries to cure him of this addiction by helping him lead a normal life with love and understanding. 

But then circumstance change and events happen over which she has no control. Life was spinning uncontrollably and she has to make a decision…her daughters’ and her future or the love of a gambler and a cheat? Because life with him would undeniably land her on the streets sooner or later. 

This is one woman’s journey escaping family violence, emotional and mental abuse, stalking and harassment in the name of love. 

Buy Links:


Amazon UK                Amazon Aust


31 comments:

  1. Sounds like an heartbreaking real story. I'm so sorry you went through all these. All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found some release in writing your story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing was therapeutic for me Tyrean.

      Thank you

      Delete
  3. Good for you for having the strength and resolve to write this. I'm glad you're in a good place now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like it would be a compelling read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Readers comments have been positive and they found the book inspiring.

      Delete
  5. It sounds like that marriage was especially horrible and terrible for the author, which must have made it just that much harder for her to write this book. She should feel so proud for having done it and got that message out to people who may be suffering as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Olivia. My book has message for people who are in similar condition as I was.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a horribly traumatic experience. Glad she managed to escape. Wish her the best for the future, and the success of the book...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nas and Bella - this sounds like an horrific story - really tough for anyone to go through ... but I'm so glad you found a way through and learnt from others ... it's interesting how we can feel so down, yet the positive will come through, especially if we open our hearts to it ...

    All the best for the book - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a harrowing read but ultimately hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is also a positive and inspiring book. It tells how a person's life can change when you are associated with positive and wonderful people.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  9. I've never known anyone with a gambling addiction, but it sounds like it creates just as much chaos and misery as drug and alcohol addictions do. I'm glad Bella was able to rise above it, and turn her experiences into something positive that can benefit other people facing similar circumstances. Best wishes to her for much success.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a enthralling read. The emotions must be intense. It will be interesting to find out how she copes. Thank you for the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am doing community leadership training to empower other women in the same situation as once I was.
      I am very content with myself.Thank you Nicola.

      Delete
  11. Bella, you are a wonderful and amazing woman. You had a ton of courage to write the book. Wishing you lots of happiness and many sales:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was such a powerful and inspiring book.
    The true story of a woman who survived and overcame such tragic hardship and became such a positive role model for her daughters. Thank you for having the courage to share your story and sending a message of hope to other victims of abuse. A must read for all women! Great job Bella!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so powerful. I went ahead and got a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Medeia. I am positive you will find the book a good read.

      Delete
  14. The description of this memoir pulled me in and I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bella, thank you for sharing your story, both here and in your book. I hope others will benefit from your generosity.

    ReplyDelete

Join the discussion!